Monday 6 May 2013

Mini Banana Muffins – Sugar Free

I friend gave me a great sugar free muffin recipe. Her son loved them. I made them and they were  - well not the yummy bundles of scrumptious I envisaged. I forgot the baking soda and didn’t adjust the cooking time for my hotter than normal oven. I made a big pot of custard and my husband and I ate them for dinner.
A bit of experimenting and tweaking of the recipe and Eva has a one in each hand chomping on them as fast as her 2 little teeth will let her.



Ingredients:
3 large bananas – the softer the better
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or plain white flour)
90g. of unsalted butter – melted

Preparation:

Pre heat oven to warm (approx. 200 degrees). 
Mash bananas.
Add cinnamon and slightly beaten egg.
Melt butter (20sec in microwave) and add to mixture.
Sift dry ingredients together and mix until combined
Place in a non stick mini muffin tray (or grease your tin)
Bake for 15 minutes. DON’T open the oven door early.

  
Notes:
The softer the bananas, the better.

If your bannanas are small, use 4.
If the mixture if a little dry add a little more butter – don’t overdo it. The mixture should be sticky and not runny.
Bake for 20 mins if making normal size muffins.
You can swap out wholemeal for plain flour if you prefer.

No comments :

Post a Comment