Sunday 28 July 2013

That's a LARGE Skinny Flat White

Week two of returning to work and Eva has an ear infection and The Husband a throat/head cold. I'm missing my afternoon nap!

I'm a caffeine addict, for just over 18 months I have been either pregnant or breast feeding. And have been very good at sticking to 1-2 cups a day. Returning to work and having to engage your brain and all my hard work has gone out the window. There is no such thing as a lie in when you become a parent, and no such thing as just make it through the week and crash on the weekend. I have to be asleep early during the week to function, so limiting my caffeine intake is in theory going to keep me awake and my brain functioning during the day. I thought I would share the tips for reducing the number of coffees I have each day. I'm going got give this a go this week and will let you know how I get along.

1. Save your first cup of coffee until late morning if you can.
2. Give your self a wake up shower by turning up the old then hot water. This will stimulate blood flow around the body and help wake you up.
3. Take a brisk walk in the morning and lunch times, even if it around the block at work.
4. Make sure you're having your 2L of fluids a day - ideally from water or herbal teas. 
5. Balance your carbs and fruit through the day to maintain energy levels. I prefer porridge for breakfast, a lighter lunch with a banana for energy, and fruit or nuts for your afternoon snack. Apples are a personal energy boosting favorite.
6. If you need more energy try a muesli bar (watch out for the fat and sugar contents). 
7. Most importantly when you have your one cup a day, make sure its a good cup, so you don't feel cheated.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment