Tuesday 23 April 2013

Welcome to MummieV

Welcome to my new blog. Nine months ago my world was turned upside down - or more precisely my Sydney apartment was - when my beautiful daughter Eva Grace was born. Having spend the last 12 or so years focusing on my career, and having oodles of fun living the dream in London and some pretty fabulous holidays along the way. It was a bit of a shock to the system to be at home being a mummy, cooking, cleaning and the endless loads of washing.
 
When I bought my first flat in London, a friend bought me a mug with the words "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house". Which pretty much described my domestic skills. Oh I can bake bread, produce a scrumptious self saucing chocolate pudding, and make a mean Sunday roast - Yorkshire puddings and all. But that's pretty much it. Everyday cooking - that's what restaurants and take always are for. Cleaning - why do it yourself when you can create employment for someone else.

Oh how things have changed! I tried to hold onto my former self. Within the first week of bringing my daughter home, I went and bought 30 more bids and an enormous bundle of oneness so I didn't have to put on 2 loads of washing everyday. We even went to dinner when she was 2 weeks old. But as she's grown, I've grown - and learn to cook. We'll sort of! And have started getting in touch with my inner domestic-ness.

This is my journey and I hope you enjoy it!

No comments :

Post a Comment